Sunday, June 17, 2012

last week's art endeavors

no studio time after tuesday last week- saw a great show by melissa etheridge on thursday, headed for the hills friday. i did get some studio time in this afternoon- more on that in a later post.

one fun thing i discovered in looking for a cover for my new phone is this fun company called gelaskins where you can create your own skins for all sorts of electronic devices. these are literally skins- not very think- but good enough to provide a scratch cover, which is about all i really need. (hard cases available for iphones)

this is the skin i made for my new phone from one of my mixed media pieces-
how fun is that? so of course i had to go back & build one for the ipod & for the work crackberry (from different art). i love to accessorize- this could be dangerous!

although not spending time in the studio i am storing up lots of ideas and "what inspires me" time, so that's good. prepped lots of backgrounds today. i am planning on a series from the multitude of bird & pronghorn photos that i have from fairfield. i got a few more good shots this weekend.

i saw a hawk on a wheel line earlier this spring but missed the shot. have been looking for it again ever since. this guy kindly obliged by sitting still long enough for me to shoot him from several angles-


i have a background that has been wanting a dove on it for a long time. loved the lighting on and position of this mourning dove-


this pronghorn buck very obligingly turned so i could get a shot without his head casting a shadow on his body. i thanked him (and the hawk on the wheel line).




i may even do a landscape or two. i love the line along the horizon in this photo- caused by a vehicle driving down a dirt road that's parallel to the mountains. some night when there's a great sunset i may have to ask my husband to go take a drive for me :)



i probably get studio tomorrow and tuesday, then off to the races again- james mcmurtry on wed, a get together thursday and another friday, tie dying and fabric painting saturday afternoon- but studio saturday evening and sunday. then off to chicago. geez!

at this rate 3 months off won't be enough! but it is so nice not to be stressed about making art and i suspect that when it comes it will be "katie bar the door!"

have a great week!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Marianne; I've been a follower of your blog for some time now (sorry I've never commented before - my bad!) First off, love your artwork, it has really inspired and motivated me to create art. Last week I attended a talk on Animal Totem, being a strong believer that we all have power animals and totems there to guide us. The speaker 'channeled' audience members totems, I was one of the lucky chosen; Mourning Dove had come for me to help process the death of my brother. Thank you for that wonderful image of the dove. Do you mind if I print a copy to hang in my 'studio' bedroom? Thank you once again for your wonder-filled blog.
Jane in Ottawa

marianne said...

jane- thank you so much for your kind comments. i would be happy for you to print the mourning dove. if the image on the site is too small to print out please email me at mksarts@msn.com . glad you enjoy the blog.