Tuesday, May 22, 2012

playing

back to studio night tonight, finally. i have missed it. and not only tuesdays with my friends, i haven't been in the studio at all.

if you want to read abt progress on the traffic box, visit the other blog . i am having great fun and not at all stressed about getting it done because i have been dreaming about what it wants to be. true. this piece of art is ready to be born. i may have some hard spots, but she knows where she wants to go. which is why i found it amusing (after i got over being pissed) to learn that i'm taking a leave from the gallery because i am so stressed about my traffic box. yeah, not exactly. regardless, that was the right call and i am soooooooooooooooooo happy i made it.

my fellow artists were collaborating on my traffic box tonight & we decided i need to include dogs (bc most people in boise have at least one it seems) and birds- bc i have them in my art a lot & we have some pretty visible birds as residents- great horned owls, bald eagles, peregrine falcons, great blue herons..... i will have to think on that, as most of my bird photos are not from in & around boise and i am kind of a purist about stuff like that. but i'm sure i can figure something out :)

leaving you with some photos from camas county this weekend-





have a great rest of the week!

4 comments:

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

Sounds like the Gallery break was exactly what you needed to get this other project flowing and rolling.
Glad to hear that it is in your head now, telling you how to proceed!
Sometimes, we need to break from everything to reconnect with what is most vital for inspiration.
;-)

XXOO~~
Anne...loving that red-wing!

Barb said...

Glad you're playing again!

becky said...

Marianne, I love that you are dreaming about your art! I do that sometimes, but it is often that my pots are cracking, LOL! Congrats on the traffic box- that is way cool. They have a similar thing in San Diego & Ashland, OR- but it is painting directly on Utility boxes. My aunt did one in San Diego.
Scrolling through, I am admiring your open space & wildlife. Oh, and of course your little studio... I always admire that! Love the ski chair. Glad to see you are doing well & got to see your pop, too. I have been blogging less & less it seems... but I will pop on over to see what you're up to from time to time. Enjoy the season! :)

Postcards from Wildwood said...

Just been over to look, and yes, there is a very 'urban' quality about the piece that won over the judges. Also - it does have a dog! So is your take the Great Outdoors In and Around Boise? That would seem to me to reflect who you are and what you do in your art.