seth apter writes a wonderful blog called the altered page. among other things, he publishes the pulse, which is the results of a collection of questions sent out to volunteer artists.
this edition of the pulse contained these questions:
- If you could take a class from one artist from anytime in history, including the present, who would it be and why?
- The one technique or tool that you cannot live without is…
- Show a picture of a favorite piece of art that you have created and explain its meaning for you.
- How would you describe your artistic style? Include one image that shows this off.
- What is the one thing that you know now that you would have liked to have known when you first started to create art?
- Photograph a still life that you create using an array of objects. I have attached an example but absolutely anything goes.
the questions in blue are the one covered so far. i am one of the artists in this week's technique/tool post- click on the image to check it out-
it was a great exercise for me to think about and answer the questions, as i am not generally introspective and it's fun to read other artist's answers. for instance, in the last installment of tools/techniques many mentioned their camera. though i rely heavily on my photography for images in my art it never occured to me to answer that way- funny, isn't it?
anyway, thanks Seth! always enjoy seeing what other artists are up to!