Tuesday, August 30, 2011

stuck

all by my lonesome for studio night tonight and although i missed my friends it was ok because i was blocked, stuck, cranky and kind of stressed about not having something in the works that can be completed in a reasonable amount of time (because i am so sure that the nests are going to go- optimism is a good thing, as is being prepared, but this is kind of silly. nevertheless it is.)

i just could not get started on anything and everything i tried (mostly citrasolve transfers to plaster) turned to caca. so i cranked the tunes (deadweather & heartless bastards), poured some wine, pulled out every bit of paper and lots of tissue and maps and sheet music and matte gel medium and started tearing and gluing


and progress was made!






i feel better now. what do you do to get unstuck?

4 comments:

Barb said...

I hope you don't completely cover the "go into the dark" script which I like very much! Also, I think the light/dark washes in the pic really draw the eye. If I would tear and glue (esp. while having wine) I would only have a mess at the end. I guess that's why I'm not an artist!

marianne said...

thanks barb- i like that part too, but that's no guarantee! :) sometimes it IS a mess, but you can always add more...

Cindy Jones Lantier said...

When I'm stuck, I try to just do something basic -- tearing and gluing are a good start! Or, just practice my blending or some other technique, with no goal. Wine would help, too, I think!

marianne said...

thanks cindy- that seems to work for me- no pressure! and wine does help :) welcome, thanks for commenting-