Tuesday, August 23, 2011

1000th Post

wow. hard to believe. especially since i've been struggling lately. though i blog to make my art better and because it helps me think i have very much missed comments and interaction this past month or so. whether it's because my posting has been more erratic, my visits to other blogs have been sporadic or i'm simply uninspiring (or it has nothing to do with me) the quiet has made me realize how much i appreciate the blogging community that i've developed over the past few years. so thanks to all of you who have been on this journey with me for your comments and support and brilliant ideas and creative energy.

those of you who have been with me for a while know that i tend to use and reuse certain images. seldom do i use one image in a whole bunch of pieces in a short period of time, though. for some reason the photo below is proving the exception.
the first two are currently hanging in the gallery



and this is what my workbench looks like


all headed to the gallery on sunday. i finally googled nest, as is my habit when an image or number starts to appear in my art insistently and found that ....." a nest is a place of refuge....."


speaking of refuge, it was another wonderful tuesday in the studio with leslie and nancy- thanks guys! i am lucky indeed-

4 comments:

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

Congrats on your 1000th post! Makes my 700th coming up look like a little one! LOL!
People just have not been blogging as much, and issues with Blogger have made it impossible for some folks to comment, depending (I think) on how the comment box is set up. New templates seem to dislike old....you name it.
I've been in a drought too and not spending as much time blogging and MISS IT.
Love your nests....that is an amazing image and works so well.
Maybe come Fall people will be back on the blogs---I think this Summer has wiped everyone.

XXOO~~
Anne

Barb said...

I love that last with the tree limbs. I've been off-line for awhile - too much going on here at the end of a season. The pro bike race is in Vail tomorrow and coming to Breck Sat - of course, we're going. Like the pic of you in the former post.

Diane said...

A BIG congratulations to you, Marianne! Keep using that nest...I love all the creations you have used it on.....especially #2.

Robbie said...

The last picture is my favorite! Just beautiful and all the different textures/fabrics? Love it!