Tuesday, May 31, 2011

the dance

i have been lucky enough to see some crane dances, but haven't gotten many good photos (my husband says i get buck fever, that may be true, or maybe i just need to use my damn camera more). as i was leaving the marsh on monday, i saw these 3 characters dash into a field from the side of the road. cranes usually move steadily away, but these guys stopped at a fairly close distance and commenced doing the crane dance.







yes, the last one makes me laugh out loud. hope it does the same for you.

pam, nancy & i had a nice studio evening, more on that to follow, but i really wanted to share these. happy dancing!

5 comments:

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

PERFECT!!!
You got the cranes in the mosh-pit!
It's amazing seeing their movements captured mid-jump or kick....and yes, the last one made me laugh very good!
Party on Dudes!
OY!OY!OY!

XXOO~~
Anne

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful way to start my day - your photos are terrific. And yes I did laugh out loud at the last one - I was giving imaginary commentary to each photo as I scrolled down. "No Sidney that's not how you do it, lift your leg higher!"
Thanks for sharing not only your art but your photos too.
Jane in Ottawa Canada

Judy Wood said...

Fabulous. I'm jealous not have been there, but grateful that you were, and with your camera!! You did well to get that close to them.

Diane said...

Those were absolutly AMAZING! Keep that camera with you:)

Barb said...

SUPER! What a fabulous series, Marianne! You need to frame these in a grouping. I don't know how you managed to capture all this action so clearly. I feel as though I can hear the music. (We're in Mountain Home, ID, overnight - left OR because it wouldn't stop raining!)