Friday, March 11, 2011

home sweet home

i have a moleskine journal and markers that i haul with me when i travel but seldom use. mainly b/c drawing is something i haven't ever taken the time to learn how to do, and it holds little appeal for me. i sometimes say i wish i could draw, but if that were true i would work at it, and i just don't.

i do like to doodle, tho. when i got back to the hotel after dinner last night after 2 nights of working til 8 or later & getting up at 4 am to travel i just couldn't work so i got out the markers, turned on the tv (a very rare happening), opened the sketchbook and found a doodle that became this.

it was the head, wings and the greenish stripe area. looked like a woman swimming- or, in this orientation, rising. i had fun coloring :)


may be around this weekend, may work in some studio time. fingers crossed.

2 comments:

Barb said...

Marianne - Your doodle may be telling you something subconscious. Love the riot of color and form. Have a restful weekend.

becky said...

My first thought when I saw this was "angel."
How do you find the energy to do anything creative after working like that? On my workdays, I generally just collapse on the couch when I get home!