Saturday, February 5, 2011

saturday

went to harbor freight today- woo hoo! returned with lots of goodies- more to come on that, but i do love hardware stores for art supplies. you just never know what you will find.


this is the result of the plaster of paris experiment. i love it and find it beautiful and have no clue where to go from there. til pam said it should be my entry for we art women. so now i have to figure out how to mount it. i also want to do more, b/c there is a lot about this that i really like. you too, if i could take a decent photo. really.



i though i'd try pop on canvas-


that doesn't seem to be working so well-


more trials to follow- there is so much that is cool about this but it is kinda tempramental, so we'll see if i have any patience. my guess- not much!

watched easy a tonight- great movie! if you haven't seen it do.

we'll be doing banff film fest tomorrow & monday. i keep thinking i should enter a photo. and i should. but not this year. always great flix.

hasta-





1 comment:

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

Your plaster sheet turned out exceptional!!! And I love that color....
I need to get out--to the hardware or ANYWHERE! I think cabin fever has set in.
I have not used regular plaster in ages....maybe I need a box on the mounting piles of supplies on the table... ;-)
Try gelling some coarse fabric to your canvas, then try the plaster. I think it needs something to hang onto. Or that nylon screening; just wrap the canvas and gel it down slightly.

XXOO~~♥
Anne