i gave up! it felt too messy, too forced and the more i did the worse it got (no surprise there). sometimes i thought the rose was ok, sometimes i hated it. the heart was supposed to be clear. the gel didn't set right. ICK!
on to a new home.....
then i realized that maybe i could salvage something- and i was curious- so i got out the exacto & pried the key out, then cut the heart off and peeled off parts for inclusion in future collages. notice that not much stuck to the nasty cheap canvas, not even paint.
i started a few more 6x6 canvasses. the valentine is due saturday, so i have time to finish another. i am kind of stuck on the "be my valentine" theme, so i'll try again. more to come on that.
this is the tree transfer i did last night. i like it, tho i was hoping that the caulk would dry clear so that the bottom layer was more visible. it isn't bad, but the glass bead gel doesn't show up as much as i would have hoped. oh well, live & learn!
marketing meeting for the gallery tomorrow night, work dinner wed night, husband time thursday night- back in the studio friday- tho i may try to sneak a little time in here & there on the valentine- like putting another heart stencil down &and bringing in the house to dry), that sort of thing.