Monday, November 22, 2010

thankful!

my good friend fay has been in town for a few days & it's been wonderful to spend time with her. when i was moving things out to the studio i found the parts of the piece below, which i meant to make as a gift for her a few years ago. i don't know what happened. but i finished it today. it is oil & copper leaf with a transfer. 4x4.


fay helped me organize the studio while she was here. she & carolyn both helped this afternoon. even after cocktails at lunch ( and a few more while working) it was lots quicker to have them help so i didn't overthink where everything should go. tools go with the tools, damnit!


my husband gave up awards points to get me the ipod speakers, so i'm all set on music- very important! carolyn donated the basket.


full studio tour to come.... i can't wait to play!

and the daily doodle- made while listening to three of my favorite storytellers tell stories.


what a lovely day!

2 comments:

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

Sounds like a *Perfect Day*!!!! I so need to downsize the amount of stuff I own in the studio---I'm looking at your photo and realizing it would be nice to not have to deal with so much.
Winter project maybe???
CONGRATS! Can't wait to see you go to town out there!

XXOO~~♥
Anne

Postcards from Wildwood said...

I love your gift piece for Fay!