Saturday, November 13, 2010

studio!

isn't it cute? we're getting closer ! i started moving things in today-


first my books- for some reason i was really excited about having them all out somewhere i could easily find & reference them. not that it was bad before- they were in the bookshelf in my office- but they weren't where i made art. they are now :)


a trip to big lots yielded plenty of storage options. i venture a guess there will be more once i start moving more stuff out & figure out what i need. i am so excited to be able to have everything out where i can see what i have! for instance, i know for sure i won't need to buy any spray var for a long long time :)
  

the easel's up, shelves are going up. lots of windows, but that's good.  there's still plenty of wall space for shelves. steve also made a window seat (lower left of pic) for storage, and i have space above. as well as under the tables. i think i'll be fine.


lots of windows, lots of outlets. i get to make a trip to best buy tomorrow to pick up another critical component- the bose ipod speakers. those capital one points came just in time, and my sweet husband is letting me use them for studio music.

i will move more in tomorrow- need to do some house cleaning too, since my good friend fay will be here next friday. and make art. hmmmm. i need another day this weekend!

11 comments:

Jul said...

Too cute! You must be so excited to start painting in there.

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

CONGRATS!!!
It really is soooo nice and I love the shelving. That is something I need to do a refit on my studio with; mine is all bookcases, etc. Having things *up* would be really nice!
CELEBRATE!

XXOO~~♥
Anne

Pavinee said...

I wish I could have this little cute studio too!

Barb said...

Wow - you have a room of your own in which to create. Lucky Gal!

Julie said...

What a dream! Enjoy it!

Anne said...

Love how your studio is turning out! Can't wait to see it finished.

Missy said...

That is the most awesome super studio ever. I'm always telling my husband i want one of those little houses. What a great idea, I'm a lil' jealous!

B @ Sweet Limes said...

Oh my gosh this is darling! Funny, but since I first read one of Daphne DeMaurer's novels I have always dreamed of having my own little hut that I can escape to and work in. This is just how I imagined it actually! I'm going to have to settle for my little corner in the basement, but just for the record, I'm in love with it too. Have fun moving in.

marianne said...

thatnks everyone! i am really excited- and making progress! this cut way down on yardwork, too :) added bonus- plus we get the dining room table & office back! stay tuned- i'll do a tour when i'm all moved in, tho it may still be a few weeks.

becky said...

Marianne- the studio is looking great! who am i kidding when i said i wouldn't be jealous! good for you though! love your inspiring books & your dog on the easel!
:)

Lynn A. Fraley said...

So awesome, congrats Marianne! Between your new little gem and Judy Deam's I'm thinking a little separate studio pod is the way to go!