Monday, November 15, 2010

and still more....

busy monday. studio at a temporary halt while some unforseen issues get taken care of- which is OK, b/c i should be cleaning anyway, but it reduces art making options since most stuff is out there. it may be doodles for a few days.

also had a meeting at the gallery tonight. they're only quarterly, so it isn't too bad, and it's good to have the membership involved- we are, after all, a coop & all owners. but meetings are just painful. they're necessary & sometimes even good, but still painful.

so i doodle. it seems more polite than playing angry birds on my phone. this is an old doodle in my meeting notebook-


and here's tonight's. the upper left hand corner isn't very successful, and the flowers are pretty basic, but i do kind of like the leaves in the right hand corner.


the other good thing about doodling is that it helps me keep my mouth shut. i can focus, shut up & draw. or scribble.

and now to bed- another busy day tomorrow!

4 comments:

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

LOL!!
I need to remember that an doodle more often......it's productive and generally I have found my opening the pie-hole is not.
Love the tree....

XXOO~~♥
Anne

Diane said...

I am always amazed at how nice your doodling comes out. Perhaps I have a doodle block! Mine always looks awful! Enjoy your week, Marianne!

dthaase said...

love the doodles...do come and play at Whimsical Wednesday: http://dthaase.blogspot.com/

marianne said...

anne- yes, with age i am starting to figure some things out! :)

diane- thx- they never look that good to me, but i am desperate to make art every day this month! and it's sort of freeing to acknowledge this scribbling as art, even i t's embyonic art-

dthaase- thx- will check it out