Thursday, May 27, 2010

baby steps

i was without energy last night, so i spent most of it on the couch with barbara bradley haggerty's footprints of god (a fascinating book about the science of spirituality), but right before bed i did this:


i don't know where the strong black came from, but i kind of like it..... of course there will be many more layers, and i need to give the raven something else to stand on, but it's a step ( and an interesting one, from the perspective of "where did THAT come from?")

my bourbon roses are blooming, hopefully it will stop raining long enough today for me to get some photos to share. and now, update the fb page, walk dogs & off to the races!

4 comments:

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

Wind, land and tree---that's what I see with the raven now.
Nice... :)
I like the black!

XXOO!!
Anne

Barb said...

PS What are you doing up at 6:07 AM??

Barb said...

Hi Marianne - I see you have begun "fixing" - I won't get attached permanently to anything I see here! I'm in Sedona. Is the book good - it sounds like something I'd maybe like...Are you reading it on Kindle?

Seth said...

Wow this looks amazing already. I love the combination of gold, black, and red that you have here.