Sunday, February 14, 2010

signs of spring

woo hoo! i was so happy to see the snowdrops this morning!


the hyacinths are peeking out
and the hellebore getting ready to bloom....
little bit of art done this evening, some background work, a wash of my fave quinacridone/ nickel azo gold.

this is at that scary it will never look good again phase
i went back over the stencil in the lower left with prussian blue, which anchors that corner better. also added some interference blue dots.
 
added a wash of quinc nickel azo and the crown on the raven's head. improving. and barb- the hands are still there :)

backing up the laptop to upgrade to windows 7. then we can share things & not have stress about who gets to use the desktop. good theory. we'll see :)

fun watching the olympics- looking forward to doing that all week-

8 comments:

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

Oh how I love the shots of the little green things emerging! IF ONLY HERE!!!
I found your description of the one WIP amusing in that I went through that with a valentine I was making on canvas board.
I finally got so much *stuff* on it, I thought, this is it---I've lost my vision on it so out it goes.
The recipient loved it.
Which leads to this---I frequently am too close to what I'm doing and reach a point where I cannot step back.
This is the only pieve of yours I might wonder if more nickle azo would warm it and bring it together.....

XXOO!!
Anne.....waiting for ONE snowdrop!

organicsyes said...

Lovely to see spring...here in Michigan, still a looooong way off:)

marianne said...

we'll have a few more freezes and probably even snow again, but i'll take this for now!

anne- it's warmer than it looks in the photo, but i agree it may want more..... it'll hang on the office wall today & hopefully speak to me!

Barb said...

Your shots of the Snowdrops are amazing. Can spring actually be knocking on your door? Thank goodness - you did not mess with the hands!

Tammy said...

Your spring flowers really caught my eye,their beautiful.I like your mixed media art,I'm a big fan of the raven.

Hybrid J said...

What a delight to see the new plants emerging from their seedling homes! Your artwork is looking great. Thank you for sharing. :)

dewatobay said...

nice snowdrop and thanks for the step by steps - fun piecee

Postcards from Wildwood said...

I've been out shooting snowdrops too. Yours are beautiful - they're a little fleshier than ours. Your latest mixed media piece is coming along beautifully!
Janice.