another coat of gel and this was ready for a wash of blue. i used liquid pthalo, watered down & wiped off the top. it got into the cracks pretty well, which is what i was hoping for.
wanting more texture and needing some interest in the upper right hand corner i taped off a square, gooped on heavy gloss gel and pressed bubble wrap into it. with any luck at all it dries clear and adds what i hoped it would. i also decided that the tree would be a good thing for the middle. it was printed on a 3m transparency, but i decided to try the transfer anyway using golden matte gel.
that didn't work out so well......so i washed it off & will try again with an apollo transparency.
since i picked up the christmas ornaments from the holiday windows zella and i have had a few conversations about what they'll morph into. looks like valentines. so i am working on inners for the frames. we're going to hang some in the window at the art source, so i want the same effect we had at the bistro. the gallery's windows aren't tinted so we should be more successful.
thought i'd try something similar to the heart monoprints. i drew a basic outline on watercolor paper for a guide and put it under the piece of plexi. will then use that to play when the caran d'arche crayons get here.
it's ok, not great. i did some squiggles in the heart & was hoping that the next layer of paint would show them as texture, but that didn't. i would like to do a background, but that won't work for a stained glass in the window look. may try to play with some glazes....
number 2- decided to make a monoprint and use the plate as the basis for a piece to go in a frame.
here's the print
here's the plexi after the print was pulled. this is making me happier. i can paint in the squiggles like confetti and have it look good on both sides (i hope!)
oops! it's late- better get to bed- to dream of better ways to do this, no doubt!