Sunday, January 3, 2010

off to play in the snow

we went to fairfield friday afternoon. i think i'm going to take some oil painting supplies up there so that i can make art (besides photography) when we're up there.

tho the photo opps are generally pretty good. this reminded me of beach grasses.



i'm going to have to figure out why the colors are funky on these- i edited from lightroom in elements and the color was good on the screen, but not too good here. should probably edit in cs4 because they're raw files- or in lightroom for that matter, just need to figure out how.







i spent most of friday importing photos into lightroom, adding tags, etc. it's fun to see the old photos and good to make headway on organization. i am still looking for the photos i took this summer of zella's poodles so i can start the painting i owe her....

and now for a bit of r & r to get mentally ready to go back to work tomorrow- after 3 short weeks it may be a bit overwhelming!

4 comments:

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

Color or not, these are a delight for the eye.
If it's any consolation, when I did my blog post today, the colors on the photos in my editing program looked great and straight on; when I posted them.....a bit washed out and, well, I can't describe it.
Maybe Blogger is having issues....
Doesn't matter; makes me envious of a lovely walk on a snowy and beautiful day!

XXOO!!
Anne

Meredith said...

Wow, what gorgeous shots! I especially loved the one with the farmhouse/cabin with the hills behind it. It has such a pensive, still quality.

But they are all lovely, and I'm doubly impressed because you say you're having trouble with your editing software.

Meredith (coming to you from CED2010)

marianne said...

thanks!

Barb said...

You know, if I didn't see the snow, I would think some of these were shadows of grass on sand. Great!