Sunday, December 13, 2009

ai yi yi

no art getting done..... my mother in law had a stroke saturday night and it's been pretty hard to focus or think about much. of course it's a wait & see thing. we were out of town when we got the call and drove back home this morning.

took down the show this afternoon. depressed to pack nearly everything i put up to bring back home & put in the closet. of course, my mood may have been colored by other things...... and on top if it the day was very gray....

i am normally a pretty optimistic and happy person, but there are lots of folks i know going through hard times right now. one friend's father has bone cancer and is dying, another's parents' house burned down last week. two deaths in the past months of good people, one of them only 60 years old. another friend going through a divorce. losses of pets.

reminding me to slow down, be grateful and count my blessings. and there are many.

4 comments:

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

So sorry to hear of the things going on for you now; try and take care of yourself.....things will level out. Everyone seems to be in the thoes of really hard times. I am in the same boat with my friends and was shocked to sell ONE piece of art locally for a ridiculously low amount. Oh well....
Will talk with you after the surgery; go in Wed. and should be home Saturday.
I'd better be...no time for any more!!!! LOL!!

XXOO!!
Anne

Diane said...

I am so sorry to hear about your mother-in-law, Marianne. I am praying for her speedy recovery. Take care of yourself & by all means...COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS!
Hugs, Diane

Postcards from Wildwood said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your mother in law. I hope she'll start to make progress and that you'll see some changes, but it's early days just yet. On a more positive note I love your photo. Is that what Boise looks like just now?
Janice.

Beverley Baird said...

I am sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. All the best to you and your family.