Monday, November 2, 2009

marker doodles

the goddesses started showing up in june or july, first on atcs and later in doodles. the ribbons that run through them represent connection with the world and my belief that we need to be open as well as giving- taking in, giving out.

from there, many variations, but she is often blue, which is calming. it can be strong and steadfast or light and friendly. red for power, yellow for sunshine. sometimes purple for royalty. none of this planned, just noted as i look back.

these are the two who showed up this evening.
the other thing i did this evening was add some ultramarine to the top of the background here, which i think improved things considerably. closer to done.

that's day 2 of art every day.... studio night tomorrow, now, off to bed.

10 comments:

MJ said...

What a wonderful line of art! The colors are awesomely bright! I did the last post for its bright colors and grudge feel.

Kelly said...

I love the goddess image and the bold patterns which define her.

Julie Jordan Scott said...

Love the shape of your goddesses, glorious!

And the background is to die for... oh, how I look forward to the time my backgrounds will look like that!

Hats off... and look forward to knowing you through AEDM!

wildheart said...

I love the bright bold colors of your goddess. She's just so powerful and gorgeous and OUT THERE!!

Chris Zydel said...

I really love the bright, bold colors of your goddess. She's just so powerful and gorgeous and OUT THERE!!

Sara @Soulspackle said...

Ooh I love these goddesses, they are delightful!

Postcards from Wildwood said...

I love all the things you achieved here, Marianne. I'm not participating in AEDM - I think it's for you 'proper' artists rather than mere 'creatives' like me - but I'm looking forward to seeing what you and a few of the other participants produce. I'm sure there will be more plexi window hangings to see!
Janice.

tortagialla said...

Beautiful goddesses! I love the shapes and colors used!

Ninnie said...

Love the Goddess drawings.

Sandy said...

New to your site. I am drawn to the colors and textures from day 2 of AEDM. Stormy yet serene. Great to "meet" a fellow artist.