Sunday, November 1, 2009

art every day

oh, it was fun to go out last night & see the abundant creativity! we met my step daughter & her boyfriend and heard some fun music, danced and had a great time people watching.

and now it's november! the art every day challenge month started by leah at creative every day

leah says "I keep the rules for AEDM really simple and very loose. I encourage people to make something every day, but my goal is to foster more creativity, so if you make just one piece of art per week or just one for the whole month, that's fine with me. The idea is to bring more creativity into your life, not to make you feel overwhelmed, pressured or guilt-stricken. Art is also loosely defined here. I mean art in the sense of anything creative, whether that be painting, drawing, knitting, sewing, cooking, decorating, writing, photography, clay, jewelry-making or whatever!"

i started this blog originally to be more focused on my art and to at least think about creating daily even if i couldn't physically make something, so this is a perfect refresher course, and i'm looking forward to being more mindful.

today started with the first fire of the year- it was cold damp & gray this morning, a good day to gain an hour & laze around. we actually laid around and watched football and literally did nothing constructive all day- first in a long time! i did some doodling while parked in front of the tv- when finished, i'll share.

for the first day of aedm, photos taken on yesterday's hike-

it was a great hike, full of dramatic trees against the gray skies and occasional surprise splashes of color. i will get lots of fun transfers & collage work from these shots.

i am not so happy with the background on this one- thinking that i need to bring the blue up to the top as well, maybe...... ready to get back to it next week, after my day off....

8 comments:

messyfish said...

wow...what amazing countryside. I love the collage too. The blues and golds are wonderful.

Judy Hartman said...

I think your collage is amazing!I would love to know the process.
Good luck with AED!

marianne said...

thanks ladies!
messyfish- yes, i love the land around here, thanks-
judy- if you look back to an october post called how it came together you'll see the process i'm using for these pieces as i put a previous one together. please let me know if you have questions- always happy to sharte!

Janet O'Connor said...

Your photos are beautiful. Thank you for sharing your joy.

PJ Ross said...

Your photos are beautiful. Very moody and dramatic - they evoke the feeling of the season. Can't wait to see your collage.

Leah said...

I really like the purple and texture at the bottom of your art piece!!

Judith said...

I love the photo of the stark, bare branches against the sky. Trees always look so dramatic when shown like that.

linda said...

I think it's a beautiful background...love the color scheme!