Monday, October 5, 2009

an award!

thanks to my friend anne at el milagro studio for the Kreativ Blogger award. visit anne's blog to see some beautiful mixed media work, great photos, interesting thoughts & lots of other good stuff!

The award rules are: I have to come up with 7 things people don't know about me and I also have to pass it on to seven other deserving bloggers.

knowing that some bloggers aren't crazy about the whole awards thing, i'm just going to list some blogs you might want to visit- the bloggers can decide if they want to play the game-

check out brokn heart art- fabulous fun stuff (with great music- and FUNNY!) from susan; gayle's daily art diary- love gayle's paintings, and she's great about sharing what she's trying and learning; every little thing- great found art adventures with pam; diane's mixed art- diane makes beautiful art and is generous in sharing what she learns; and that's just a few- there are other blogs full of good info & great art in my blog roll.

7 things:

1) i took my first drawing/painting lessons at 40
2) my day job is sales for a consumer product goods company
3) i was born in berwyn, illinois
4) if i could only eat one kind of food for the rest of my life it would be mexican
5) my desert island cd is blood on the tracks
6) favorite author- tom robbins
7) never want to live anywhere without mountains ever again

thanks again anne- and thanks to those of you who come & visit me regularly!

have a great week!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks Marianne, you are awesome! Can't wait to show you what we made at Art & Soul. Nancy and I each bought a piece from Michael DeMeng!

Diane said...

Hi Marianne! Thanks so much for this lovely award. I am right there with you on the mexican food!
How funny, you started some art later in life...we have that in common too. I didn't start crafting til mid 50's! Have a wonderful day & thank you again!

Susan Sager Brown said...

hey Marianne, Thanks for the award!! Blood on The Tracks is a great choice, now how am I ever gonna decide that one??? and the food one.....xoSusan