Monday, August 31, 2009

experimentation

wow! i am going to be published! in pasticcio quartz! there was a request for transfer art submissions and i thought why not? and i will have a piece in the holiday issue! i am ever so excited, as some of the first mixed media books i picked up featured work from angela cartwright and sarah fishburn, the artists who produce the magazine. coming in november....

more golden digital ground/ non absorbent surface play this evening. this is a piece of plexiglas. couldn't scan because it will take a while for the ink to dry, but i can't wait to play with this! i can imagine all sorts of fun with stuff underneath the plexi, or painting on the other side from the image, mounting on board or putting it in a frame- endless possibilities!

this is metal tape on watercolor paper & one layer of digital ground, so it is a bit uneven. i like it. one of my standard favorite images printed out. the actual piece is a bit darker (more vivid) than what shows here.
this is the copper leaf/watercolor paper experiment.....i messed up on the printer orientation- was supposed to be horizontal covering the entire sheet, but oh well! this one is hard to capture
and i'm not sure how this particular combination of images works for me, but the idea is one to try again.

big fun! i won't have anything new for first thursday, but i will for december!
off to bed- sleep tight all!

9 comments:

Postcards from Wildwood said...

Congratulations on being almost published! Great news. I don't understand what you've been doing here (a bit challenged in the arty techniques department!) but I do love the colours and design in the final square you've shown.
Janice.

Heidi said...

Came over from the inkjet transfer group. I love this! It's beautiful. I use digital ground a lot, and this is a wonderful idea. Heidi

Anna in Tampa said...

Hi Marianne - well, I'm a total zoid...wasn't paying attention to dates of postings, just enjoying looking at all your fabulous work -so my rather lengthy but heartfelt comments are posted on the August 27 blog entries - sigh. If you want to read them, scroll downward. I seem to flounder on these blog thingys - I have a blog on wordpress as of yet, unpublished, simply due to lack of time and blog skill development-lolol. So when I visit other blogs, I'm sort of clumsey, manuevering around. But I do love your blog and your art work is the best - wonderful eye candy and makes me wonder...how'd she do that!
a.n.t.

judiPatootie said...

i dont know a thig about these transfaer techniques , but i love your work..CONGRATs of being published.. YEA!!

marianne said...

hi all- thanks for stopping by & commenting! i appreciate the kind words! and i've enjoyed checking out your blogs too- this is so much fun!

Leah said...

congrats on getting published in pasticcio!! that's awesome! i just love the tree transfers!

jess gonacha said...

oooh, lovely!! and congratulations!!

Patt Scrivener said...

W0W! I just love what you are doing with your work on the metal.
You have inspired me to get experimenting. THANK YOU

Susan Sager Brown said...

Oh Marianne big congratulations on being published!!!I will have to by this issue. I love your photos. I ha no idea Boise was so beautiful. Love your transfers with the trees and flowers. Thanks for showning us your process! XoSusan