Monday, October 6, 2008

fun with words

this came from laurie at http://blogwhenican.blogspot.com/ and it's so much fun i had to share....

you drop text into the create page at http://wordle.net/ and it generates these "word clouds" that you can then manipulate- changing colors, font, the way it throws the words out, etc....... there is even a huge wordle gallery where folks share their creations.

this is my artist statement :


and this is halle's puppy application:



not only are they fun to make- words used more often are bigger, the random generation makes some interesting combinations- i can also see using them for mixed media backgrounds. be fun to throw some songs in...

that's it artwise for me today...

oh, i did stop by boise blue and pick up some paint...... to make a fake encaustic look from matte medium.....and make an appointment to try to sell some cards tomorrow...

productive day job day and feeling better, thank goodness. tomorrow is tuesday painting, yay.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

mk - you are so good about keeping up with your blog! When I check in every few days, there you are with an abundance of new work and posts. :)

cool that you did some wordle clouds. one of my art friends in albuquerque also did one and posted it on her blog... http://iconolatrie.blogspot.com/

I think today I'll try incorporating one of the ones I did last week into something -- I'll post it if it is worth looking at. I wish all my mistakes turned out as well as yours -- I love your so-called 'mess up' from Wed., Oct. 8.

mk said...

laurie- i'm just afraid that if i skip a day i will get lazy & never post again! plus it keeps me challenged to at least think about making art if i can't actually do it- i have been much more productive since i started blogging. look forward to seeing your word cloud!